Monday, March 18, 2013

Fitting Real Estate Classes in Brooklyn into Your Schedule


Ordinarily I would find this a stupid thing to write about. You’re an adult, “How do you fit a real estate class into your schedule?” Really? You just do it. Right?

The reality is a little more complicated than that. Fitting a class into your schedule that only takes 75 hours, of which you only have to think for 35 of those hours, in under a year shouldn’t be an issue.

Real estate classes in Brooklyn won’t explode when time runs out


You heard me. It’s not a ticking time bomb. If you don’t get done in time you have to start over. No big deal. The only big deal here is the fact that you really don’t want a career in real estate.

Wait! You say you do want to work in real estate? No you don’t. If you did, it wouldn’t be difficult to find time for your classes. You only want the dream of a real estate career or maybe someone is encouraging you to do something you don’t really want to do.

If you are finding trouble making time for you real estate class in Brooklyn then you really need to ask yourself if you really want this career and read more about it. Self-scheduling only gets worse when you are actually working in real estate. I you can create time for everything you need to get done, then real estate is a bad career choice for you.

Finding your priority


I have found that people find time for their passion, for the things that interest them the most.  I have plenty of time for real estate because I am no longer passionate about my old career path; in fact I am passionate about getting out as fast as possible. I sometimes skip dinner, sleep less, or forego a Broadway premier, to make time for real estate.

My advice to anyone struggling to find the time is to go back to the beginning and ask themselves, “Why?” Why am I pursuing real estate? Why do I think it will appeal to me? What is my why?

If you can’t identify your why in real estate and if your why doesn’t set your soul on fire, you will never be able to make time for real estate.

Work or die


Sure. There are plenty people in real estate that see it only as a job. They sometimes do okay, when they have a choice between putting in the effort or missing a house payment. They get motivated by the meanest of incentives, losing what they have, or providing for their children. They have a couple good days a month, enough to keep the wolf away from the door and the rest of the month they are unmoved. Discomfort is their motivation. They will never be great; they just get by.

My opinion, if you can’t fit real estate classes in Brooklyn into your schedule, quit. Quit now and put yourself and those around you out their misery. That may sound too harsh. If quitting isn’t your thing, then you better damn well get excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment